I haven’t had much of a chance to blog lately, as you may have noticed. Among other things distracting my precious attention, I just got back from a trip to my ancestral homeland — Scotland. Sadly, I didn’t fork over the 20 pounds for a kilt. I did, however, see a lot of beautiful countryside and drink some world-class scotch.
In lieu of a real blog post, I’m going to do the bullet point thing, topped off with another installment of “Van on YouTube.” This week’s topic … politics.
- Fake hunter Mitt Romney is the Tom Cruise of Republican presidential hopefuls (expect a full post soon on the utterly abject group of GOP candidates).
- Everyone’s favorite foul-mouthed war criminal, former Sen. Bob Kerrey, drops some much-needed napalm on Giuliani’s supposed terrorism credentials.
- I haven’t had the time yet, but as soon as I do I’m going to watch Bill Moyers’ apparently incendiary doc on the failures of the press in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq, called Buying the War. And so should you.
- French politicians are delightfully caustic, attractive.
- Oh, and this has nothing to do with politics. But it is vintage Dave Chappelle.
And, finally, the promised Van video, which once again I have to credit The Dizzies with finding (or one of his students anyway). Enjoy!